DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The Iraqi army intensified its shelling of Fallujah this week in preparation for a ground assault to regain control of the city from al-Qaeda militants.
2. __________________ Prime Minister Maliki said an all-out offensive in Fallujah was delayed to give local tribesmen a chance to expel the militants themselves.
3. __________________ The governments of some countries in the region urged Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki not to storm the city.
4. __________________ Obama administration officials announced this week that they will soon propose requiring automakers to equip all new cars and light trucks with technology that sends a driver’s personal information and whereabouts to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration database.
5. __________________ The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the purpose of this mandatory technology is to improve safety by helping drivers to avoid impending collisions.
6. __________________ The government will not know whether the technology has created any safety benefits until the majority of vehicles in the U.S. have the technology installed.
7. __________________ The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported this week that ObamaCare will cut the US workforce by the equivalent of more than two hundred workers throughout the United States.
8. __________________ The CBO says there will be fewer workers because healthcare subsidies would reduce incentives to work.
9. __________________ Using a 3-D printer at his county library in Kansas sixty year old Mason Wilde made a prosthetic hand that opens and closes and can even hold a pencil.
10. __________________ Mason Wilde made the prosthetic hand for the son of a family friend using the free instructions that the boy’s mother found online.