1. A group of _______________ pushed back on the WHO’s conclusion that it is “extremely unlikely” COVID-19 leaked from a Wuhan lab — insisting in a letter the theory is “viable” and deserves “a proper investigation.”
a) Democratic Congress members
b) high school science teachers
c) Chinese Communist Party officials
d) top scientists from around the world
2. The WHO and China said it is _______________ COVID-19 leaked from a Wuhan lab.
a) “almost certain”
b) “extremely unlikely”
c) “extremely likely”
d) all of the above
3. Hamas and other Palestinian militant groups by Tuesday had fired more than _______________ rockets from Gaza towards civilian areas of Israel.
4. The Iron Dome is a missile defense system that was specially designed to protect Israel against a range of incoming short-range missiles from the Gaza Strip and surrounding countries. It uses radar to identify and _______________ incoming missiles before they can cause damage.
d) none of the above
5. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott fully reopened the state on March 2. The number of overall covid cases since then _______________.
c) stayed the same
d) went through the roof
6. Gov. Abbott this week issued an executive order prohibiting _______________ in Texas from requiring or mandating mask wearing. (CHOOSE 3)
a) county and city governments
b) public health authorities
c) private businesses
d) school districts
7. A Florida _______________ asked his local school board to lift the face mask mandate in schools during a county school board meeting last week.
a) tenth-grade student
b) ten-year-old student
c) elementary school principal
d) high school science teacher
8. The school district’s policy requires students to wear masks on school property and on school buses, with the exceptions of when they’re eating and drinking or during recess and P.E. The school also requires students to wear masks:
a) outside at P.E. and on track
b) while eating or drinking in the cafeteria
c) in the car on the way home from school
d) at home
9. The Restaurant Revitalization Fund aims to help restaurants across the U.S. stay afloat after pandemic-related measures caused them to lose substantial revenue. The SBA prioritizes applications from businesses owned by __________, __________ and __________ and other “socially and economically disadvantaged.” (CHOOSE 3)
b) racial minorities
10. A _______________ male restaurant owner who filed the lawsuit against the SBA’s administrator’s discriminatory practice alleged the SBA violated the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.