DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ In 1979, Iranian revolutionaries stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and took more than 60 Americans hostage. The hostages were held for over a year, and then released on the eve of Ronald Reagan’s inauguration because the Iranians were afraid of President Jimmy Carter.
2. __________________ The former hostages who are opposed to the Obama Administration’s deal with Iran over its nuclear weapons don’t believe the Iranians can be trusted.
3. __________________ The CEO of Amazon.com announced this week that the company is testing delivery of packages using robot deliverymen.
4. __________________ Before its proposed delivery system can become a reality, Amazon needs to develop the technology further and wait for the FDA to give its permission.
5. __________________ After the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in Hobby Lobby’s favor, saying that corporations have the same religious rights as individuals, the Supreme Court declined to hear the Obama administration challenge to the ruling.
6. __________________ Hobby Lobby’s owners are opposed to the part of the ObamaCare mandate which forces businesses to pay for abortion-causing drugs such as the morning after pill.
7. __________________ A Texas middle school principal announced over the intercom last month that students could no longer speak Spanish anywhere in the school building.
8. __________________ The school district responded to complaints by setting up a meeting with parents, teachers and the principal to allow the principal to explain the reasons for her decision.
9. __________________ More than 30 leading news organizations lodged a protest with the White House against restrictions that block journalists from taking pictures and video of President Barack Obama performing official duties.
10. __________________ The media says limits on access to the President raise constitutional concerns about infringement on First Amendment press freedoms and have “a direct and adverse impact on the public’s ability to independently monitor and see what its government is doing.”
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.