DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ A U.S. Coast Guard icebreaker ship was deployed to the Antarctic in response to a request for assistance from Australian authorities as well as from the Russian and Chinese governments.
2. __________________ The rescue is needed because two weeks into a five-week excursion, climate change professor Chris Turney’s venture to retrace a 1912 research expedition in Antarctica and gauge how climate change has affected the continent saw its ship get trapped in ice.
3. __________________ Fallujah and Ramadi, two cities in Iraq’s western Anbar province were taken over this week by al-Qaeda terrorists.
4. __________________ Al-qaeda’s takeover of Fallujah is significant to all Americans because thousands of our brave soldiers were injured or killed while defeating al-Qaeda in Fallujah in 2004.
5. __________________ As of Jan. 1, 2014, Thomas Edison’s LED light bulbs will no longer being manufactured in or imported to the U.S.
6. __________________ The law that effectively banned these light bulbs is called the Ban Unnecessary Light Bulb Act (BULB). It was signed into law in 2007 by President George W. Bush.
7. __________________ According to the just released U.S. Census report, Florida is set to overtake New York as the tenth largest state in the nation.
8. __________________ People move to Florida for various reasons including the warm climate, plentiful job opportunities and the fact that there is no personal income tax.
9. __________________ On Thursday, a private company’s unmanned cargo spacecraft was launched on the first of its eight missions for NASA after having been postponed earlier this week because of solar flares.
10. __________________ The main mission of Cygnus is to transport ants into space for a company conducting an Ants in Space experiment.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.