Questions[NOTE: In his first three days in office, President Biden signed 30 executive orders and actions to undo policies that had been implemented by President Trump. (Trump had signed executive orders to undo Obama policies; Obama had signed executive orders to undo Bush’s policies). President Trump’s policies were supported by conservatives; President Biden’s policies are supported by people on the left].
For each statement, decide whether it is true or false: was each an executive order/action signed by President Biden?
1. _______________ Stopped the United States’ withdrawal from the World Health Organization, and appointed Dr. Anthony Fauci the head of the delegation to the WHO.
2. _______________ Launched a “100 Days Masking Challenge” asking Americans to wear masks for 100 days. Requires masks and physical distancing in federal buildings, on federal lands and by government contractors, and urges states and local governments to do the same.
3. _______________ Rejoins the Paris Climate Accord that President Trump had withdrawn from, a process that will take 30 days. The Paris Climate Accord aims to save the world from climate change by “decarbonizing” the world’s economy.
4. _______________ Cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment. White House Climate Czar John Kerry told reporters that oil and gas workers who were fired due to this order can “go to work to make the solar panels.”
5. _______________ Rescinds the Trump administration’s 1776 Commission, a plan to promote patriotic education; this order also directs federal agencies to review their actions to ensure racial equity.
6. _______________ Reverses the Trump administration’s restrictions on US entry for passport holders from seven Muslim-majority countries whose governments could not ensure accurate background checks on those coming to the U.S. Trump implemented this to ensure the security and welfare of the U.S. and said 50+ other Muslim-majority countries were not banned; Biden rescinded it, saying it was a “Muslim Ban” and biased against Muslims.
7. _______________ Undoes Trump’s expansion of immigration enforcement within the United States.
8. _______________ Halted construction of the border wall by defunding it – and ordered all current construction to halt within 7 days.
9. _______________ Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives.
10. _______________ Requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.