DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Mongolian activists protested the Chinese government during the running of the Olympic Torch through London and Paris this week.
2. __________________ Protesters in London and Paris hoped to bring attention to the Chinese government’s abuse of human rights in and occupation of Tibet.
3. __________________ Approximately 5% of Zimbabwe’s citizens now live abroad.
4. __________________ The majority of Zimbabweans living abroad would not have voted for Robert Mugabe, long-time leader of Zimbabwe, in the recent presidential elections.
5. __________________ Speaking before Congress this week, Gen. David Petraeus said that the U.S. troop surge had drastically reduced violence in Iraq.
6. __________________ Democrat lawmakers at the hearings in Congress remain uited on the war issue and in support of President Bush’s pledge to bring the troops home from Iraq only after complete victory.
7. __________________ South Korea’s President Lee Myung-bak, elected in December, belongs to a conservative political party.
8. __________________ In this week’s parliamentary elections in South Korea, the liberal political party won the majority of seats.
9. __________________ Former President Jimmy Carter plans to meet with a leader from the terrorist group Hezbollah during his trip to the Middle East next week.
10. __________________ The U.S. State Department has advised Mr. Carter against meeting with any Hamas officials.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.