DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ On average, about half of the people caught at the Southwest border attempting to enter the U.S. illegally are Mexican nationals.
2. __________________ Approximately one-half of the Mexican nationals who were returned home in 2007 were idetified as criminal illegals.
3. __________________ Article 19 of the U.S.’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights calls for freedom of the press.
4. __________________ The press has a harder time holding the U.N. accountable than it does U.S. government agencies because the U.N. has no equivalent to the U.S. Freedom of Information Act.
5. __________________ The Supreme Court is currently hearing oral arguments on the Seventh Amendment case of a D.C. resident’s lawsuit claiming his right to keep a gun in his home for protection.
6. __________________ The justices will rule on whether the amendment gives Americans the right to own guns or only gives states the ability to organize militias.
7. __________________ The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) is an alliance of 26 countries from North America and former Soviet Countries committed to fulfilling the goals of the North Atlantic Treaty signed on 4 April 1949.
8. __________________ The Russian government has given full support to Georgia’s bid to become a member of NATO.
9. __________________ Robert Mugabe is the president of Zambia.
10. __________________ The heads of the army and police have threatened to not recognize the outcome of the March 29 elections if President Mugabe loses.