DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ One of the top priorities for newly elected Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd as he takes office is to ratify the Kyoto Protocol.
2. __________________ Outgoing Australian Prime Minister John Howard did not give military support to the U.S. in Afghanistan and Iraq.
3. __________________ The special committee to reform jihadists in Iran has recently released 1,500 al Qaeda members from prison stating that the prisoners have been reformed.
4. __________________ The ideology of takfir, embraced by al Qaeda, is prevalent in both fundamentalist interpretations of Sunni and Shiite Islam, and it holds that there are separate rules that allow Muslims to kill, lie to, and steal from nonbelievers.
5. __________________ President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela is attempting to amend many sections of Venezuela’s constitution with changes that include eliminating presidential term limits.
6. __________________ The citizens of Venezuela fully support President Chavez’s proposed changes and the referendum is expected to easily pass in the upcoming vote.
7. __________________ Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf resigned this week after four decades as president and handed over the presidency to Gen. Ashfaq Kayani.
8. __________________ Gen. Kayani is an outspoken critic of the United States.
9. __________________ C-SPAN’s YouTube Republican Debate this week was criticized for using more than a few questions from voters who have ties to Democrats.
10. __________________ Retired Brig. Gen. Keith Kerr, who asked a question about the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy is on the steering committee for LGBT Americans for Hillary.
“Answers by email” are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.