DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Israel began cutting food supplies to the Gaza Strip this week in an effort to stop terrorists from shooting rockets from Gaza into Israeli towns.
2. __________________ The hospitals, water pumping station and sewage is expected to be affected by the reduced amount of fuel being allowed into Gaza.
3. __________________ The virtual border fence being established by Boeing on a stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border is behind schedule due to a lack of money.
4. __________________ The virtual border fence in Arizona is part of the larger Secure Border Initiative program aimed at developing a border protection system that mixes actual fences with virtual, technology-based fences that use radar, cameras, and computers.
5. __________________ The U.S. House of Representatives this week unanimously passed a proposal for a permanent ban on Internet access taxes.
6. __________________ The Internet access tax ban bans federal tax on Internet access.
7. __________________ The U.S. has started a new initiative to force dozens of U.N. independent agencies to publish detailed budgets in an effort to see how U.S. contributions are spent.
8. __________________ The U.S. pays close to $3 billion annually to U.N. entities, including assessed contributions to the operating budget and peacekeeping, and voluntary contributions for humanitarian programs.
9. __________________ Paul W. Tibbets Jr. was the commander and pilot of the Enola Gay, the B-29 bomber that dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan.
10. __________________ The objective for dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was to cause the Japanese to surrender in order to save further loss of life on both sides.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.