DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Israel began cutting food supplies to the Gaza Strip this week in an effort to stop terrorists from shooting rockets from Gaza into Israeli towns.
2. __________________ The hospitals, water pumping station and sewage is expected to be affected by the reduced amount of fuel being allowed into Gaza.
3. __________________ The virtual border fence being established by Boeing on a stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border is behind schedule due to a lack of money.
4. __________________ The virtual border fence in Arizona is part of the larger Secure Border Initiative program aimed at developing a border protection system that mixes actual fences with virtual, technology-based fences that use radar, cameras, and computers.
5. __________________ The U.S. House of Representatives this week unanimously passed a proposal for a permanent ban on Internet access taxes.
6. __________________ The Internet access tax ban bans federal tax on Internet access.
7. __________________ The U.S. has started a new initiative to force dozens of U.N. independent agencies to publish detailed budgets in an effort to see how U.S. contributions are spent.
8. __________________ The U.S. pays close to $3 billion annually to U.N. entities, including assessed contributions to the operating budget and peacekeeping, and voluntary contributions for humanitarian programs.
9. __________________ Paul W. Tibbets Jr. was the commander and pilot of the Enola Gay, the B-29 bomber that dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan.
10. __________________ The objective for dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was to cause the Japanese to surrender in order to save further loss of life on both sides.