DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed two bills this week dealing with private schools.
2. __________________ The school bills signed by Governor Schwarzenegger will among other things will require schools to prove there is no discriminatory bias based on skin color, ethnicity or sexual orientation in their textbooks, classroom instruction and school activities.
3. __________________ In a speech at the Communist Party Congress in Beijing this week, Chinese President Hu declared that China will continue to be governed by Socialism with Chinese characteristics.
4. __________________ The Chinese police allowed democracy activists to protest outside the Communist Party Congress in Beijing this week.
5. __________________ Speaking to the Republican Jewish Coalition this week, Republican Presidential candidates said that the U.S. should enter into negotiations with Iran on its nuclear program only after letting the Iranian government know that U.S. attacks on Iran are a possibility.
6. __________________ Like their Republican counterparts, the Democratic candidates for President have taken an overall hard line on Iran.
7. __________________ Foreign fighters are entering Afghanistan from Iran in greater numbers than at any time since the Taliban was ousted in 2001.
8. __________________ Afghan Defense Minister said yesterday that the solution to bringing stability to the country is to build up the Afghan forces to enable them to stand on their own.
9. __________________ Civil liberties experts are concerned that a full body x-ray scanner the TSA is testing will produce such revealing images that they could violate Americans’ privacy.
10. __________________ The TSA has given assurances that the full body x-ray scanner to be used in airports will not violate passenger privacy.