DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ The Republican Convention this week went on as scheduled despite the threat to several Gulf Coast states from Hurricane Gustav.
2. __________________ This week, Democrats and Republicans alike called for their supporters to join together to aid those in need in the Gulf Coast states.
3. __________________ President Bush spoke at the Republican convention via satellite from the White House.
4. __________________ During his speech, President Bush criticized Sen. McCain for pushing so hard for a surge in Iraq.
5. __________________ Sarah Palin is a Senator from Alaska.
6. __________________ During her speech, Mrs. Palin said she was going to Washington to seek the media’s good opinion.
7. __________________ In his speech at the Republican convention, Senator McCain said he will not work with Democrats to get things done in Washington.
8. __________________ Senator McCain said in his speech that the Democratic party believes in low taxes, open markets, a strong defense and personal responsibility.
9. __________________ Which candidate does not support the Iraq war, but thinks more troops should be sent to Afghanistan?
10. __________________ Which candidate disagrees with his running-mate about drilling for oil in ANWR?