1. Tools that track internet users’ whereabouts on the Web are called:
2. Congress and regulators are looking closely at online tracking. The FTC is expected to issue new privacy guidelines by the end of the year and is considering implementing a:
a) penalty for companies that track users’ whereabouts on the Web
b) warning to all internet users to be aware of tracking tactics
c) do-not-track registry
d) government takeover of any company that tracks users online
3. More than eight months after the earthquake in Haiti, _____ of the rubble has been removed from Port-au-Prince.
4. The U.S. Agency for International Development and the U.S. Defense Department have spent almost __________ to remove rubble from Port-au-Prince.
a) $1 million
b) $10 million
c) $100 million
d) $1 billion
5. Republican Senators this week used a tactic known as ______________ to block a repeal to the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy.
b) Stare decisis
c) hemming and hawing
6. The amendment to repeal Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was attached to the:
a) Healthcare Reform Act
b) No Child Left Behind Act
c) Defense Spending Bill
d) Civil Rights Act
7. Critics of the White House say that efforts to resume negotiations with Iran will only ___________.
a) buy time for Iran to work on completing a nuclear weapon
b) antagonize the Iranian government
c) alienate President Ahmadinejad
d) encourage the Iranians to end their nuclear program
8. While speculating that sanctions against Iran might have caused President Ahmadinejad to resume negotiations, U.S. and European officials are skeptical of Tehran’s sincerity in wanting to end or limit Iran’s nuclear program, based on the fact that:
a) Iran has expanded its production of nuclear fuel in recent months
b) Iran has denied U.N. inspectors access to nuclear facilities
c) neither a) or b)
d) both a) and b)
9. An airport security video posted on YouTube prompted Canada’s Transport Minister to order an investigation into whether airlines were following the rules and checking:
a) the religion of passengers who board their flights
b) the age of passengers who board their flights
c) the faces of covered passengers who board their flights
d) the boarding passes of passengers who board their flights
10. Canada’s Transport Minister said that if the YouTube video was correct, Air Canada’s disregard for airport identification rules:
a) poses a serious threat to the security of airline travelers
b) shows a disregard for the feelings of their Muslim passengers
c) displays good judgment on their part
d) makes no difference in the level of security on any flight
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.