NOTE: This week’s quiz will focus on the Daily News Articles which have been ongoing stories around the world.
DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ An epidemic of the Ebola virus is ongoing in South Africa. It kills 90% of those who contract the disease.
2. __________________ The Ebola outbreak began in Guinea and then spread to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
3. __________________ Liberian authorities introduced a nationwide curfew last week and put one neighborhood under quarantine to curb the spread of the disease.
4. __________________ ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) recently renamed itself SHAZAM.
5. __________________ The goal of ISIS is to establish a Sunni Muslim caliphate across the Middle East. Like other Islamic extremist groups, it imposes strict Sharia law in territory it controls.
6. __________________ ISIS forces all Shia Muslims, Christians, Yazidis and anyone who isn’t a Sunni Muslim to convert to their brand of Islam or die.
7. __________________ ISIS terrorists beheaded American journalist James Foley and have also carried out mass beheadings in Iraq.
8. __________________ Ukraine’s government has accused Russia of sending humanitarian assistance into rebel held areas of Ukraine.
9. __________________ The Iranian government this week vowed to continue arming Palestinians in their war against Hamas.
10. __________________ The Obama administration has responded to these crises around the world by taking immediate action to help our allies and destroy our enemies.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.