NOTE: This week’s quiz will focus on the Daily News Articles which have been ongoing stories around the world.
DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ An epidemic of the Ebola virus is ongoing in South Africa. It kills 90% of those who contract the disease.
2. __________________ The Ebola outbreak began in Guinea and then spread to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
3. __________________ Liberian authorities introduced a nationwide curfew last week and put one neighborhood under quarantine to curb the spread of the disease.
4. __________________ ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) recently renamed itself SHAZAM.
5. __________________ The goal of ISIS is to establish a Sunni Muslim caliphate across the Middle East. Like other Islamic extremist groups, it imposes strict Sharia law in territory it controls.
6. __________________ ISIS forces all Shia Muslims, Christians, Yazidis and anyone who isn’t a Sunni Muslim to convert to their brand of Islam or die.
7. __________________ ISIS terrorists beheaded American journalist James Foley and have also carried out mass beheadings in Iraq.
8. __________________ Ukraine’s government has accused Russia of sending humanitarian assistance into rebel held areas of Ukraine.
9. __________________ The Iranian government this week vowed to continue arming Palestinians in their war against Hamas.
10. __________________ The Obama administration has responded to these crises around the world by taking immediate action to help our allies and destroy our enemies.