Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ In an effort by the local government to boost tax revenue, officials in Hubei province in China have been ordered to meet a quota for the number of cigarettes they buy.
2. __________________ Even schools in Hubai province have been issued a smoking quota for students.
3. __________________ The World Health Organization this week urged countries around the world to take extreme measures to combat the spread of the swine flu.
4. __________________ The swine flu has killed people in dozens of countries over the past month.
5. __________________ Thousands of residents in Pakistan’s Swat Valley evacuated their homes as truce between Pakistani forces and Christian militants ended.
6. __________________ Pakistani President Zardari met this week with President Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai to discuss a coordinated approach to fighting the Taliban.
7. __________________ The National Day of Prayer is an annual event inviting people of all faiths to pray for our country and our leaders.
8. __________________ President Obama chose this year to end President Bush’s tradition of holding a public ceremony for the National Day of Prayer at the White House.
9. __________________ Researchers for British Telecom concluded from an evaluation of hard drives bought on eBay that a large range and quantity of information that could have a potentially commercially damaging impact or pose a threat to the identity and privacy of the individuals involved was recovered from the hard drives.
10. __________________ The sensitive information found on hard drives bought at eBay included confidential voting results from American Idol.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.