DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The U.S. military special ops team responsible for killing Osama bin Laden was SEAL Team Six.
2. __________________ President Bush is credited with giving the order to send the special ops team into bin Laden’s compound to kill him.
3. __________________ SEAL Team Six team members are chosen from the best Navy SEALs in each SEAL unit.
4. __________________ An early estimate by the mayor of Tuscaloosa, Alabama puts the cost of cleanup for the damage done by the tornado that hit the city between $75-$100 million.
5. __________________ The Tuscaloosa city government is trying to contract with the U.S. Navy SEALS to oversee the collection and removal of the massive amounts of rubble the tornado left in its wake.
6. __________________ The Conservative Party of Canada won a majority of seats in Parliament in this week’s election.
7. __________________ Under Prime Minister Steven Harper’s plan to create jobs and growth by raising taxes, Canada’s economy has done well.
8. __________________ In an effort to protect towns from being flooded, the U.S. Army Corps of engineers has blown up a few levees in Missouri.
9. __________________ Flooding from the Mississippi and some of its tributaries is affecting areas in states including Illinois, Tennessee, Arkansas and Arizona.
10. __________________ The record-level flooding is caused by melting glaciers in the Arctic due to global warming.