DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Under President Trump, the Department of Homeland Security has considered policies to discourage women from attempting to cross the border with children because their numbers skyrocketed under President Obama and the crossing is extra dangerous for them.
2. __________________ The Department of Homeland Security released figures the first week of April showing more than a 90 percent drop since December of parents with children caught trying to cross the Mexico border illegally.
3. __________________ President Trump went on a four-nation Asia tour this week. During the trip, he warned North Korea that recent U.S. strikes in Syria and Afghanistan showed that the resolve of President should not be tested.
4. __________________ In response to North Korea’s defiant nuclear program and missile tests, the U.S. and China are moving ahead with the early deployment of the THAAD missile-defense system to that country.
5. __________________ Richard Cole, the last surviving U.S. service member who participated in the Doolittle Raid against Japan following the Pearl Harbor attack took part in a 100th anniversary ceremony at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday.
6. __________________ The purpose of the Doolittle Raid was to serve as retaliation for the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, as well as to demonstrate that Japan itself was vulnerable to American air attack and provide an important boost to American morale.
7. __________________ The U.S. Navy has banned cigarettes on its ships, submarines, aircraft, boats, craft and heavy equipment. The Fleet commanders implemented the ban for safety reasons.
8. __________________ The Fleet commanders implemented the ban for safety reasons after 15 mishaps occurred that resulted in either injury to Navy personnel or fire/materiel damage.
9. __________________ The socialist government of Venezuela purchased the General Motors factory in that country this week.
10. __________________ More than 25 companies have accused Venezuelan President Maduro of illegal asset seizures at the World Bank.