DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ A year after it was reported that sick veterans were put on long waiting lists for care, VA statistics show that the number of patients facing long waits has not declined, even after Congress gave the department an extra $16.3 billion last summer to shorten waits for care.
2. __________________ The highest percentage of patients who were found to wait more than 30 days for care were in the northeast.
3. __________________ The Saudi government began a bombing campaign in Yemen this month to degrade the military capabilities of the Houthi rebels who have overrun much of Yemen.
4. __________________ The U.S. and Saudi Arabia say that the Iranian government has been arming, training and funding the Houthis for years.
5. __________________ John Wilkes Booth shot President Abraham Lincoln 150 years ago this month at Ford’s Theatre in Springfield, Illinois.
6. __________________ John Wilkes Booth was a Confederate who was angry with Lincoln for opposing voting rights for black Americans.
7. __________________ Florida’s Bay County officials recently enacted a ban on alcohol consumption on the city and county’s beaches during Spring Break.
8. __________________ It is expected that law enforcement who profit from the overtime they collect during Spring Break are going to fight the crackdown on Spring Breakers wild behavior.
9. __________________ Every major league baseball player, manager and coach on the field wore No. 42 this week on Jackie Robinson Day in honor of Jackie Robinson, MLB’s first black player.
10. __________________ Jackie Robinson was a six-time All-Star, the 1947 major league Rookie of the Year and the NL MVP in 1949, when he won the league’s batting title.
“Answers by email” are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.