1. According to chief trauma surgeon Dr. Stefaan Nijs at a Brussels hospital, those injured in the ISIS terrorist attack in Brussels have sustained severe and “life-changing” injuries, including:
a) loss of limbs
b) shrapnel injuries
c) severe burns
d) all of the above
2. Belgian surgeon Stevaan Nijs described the British victims’ reactions to their injuries as:
a) “courageous and strong”
b) “hysterical and inconsolable”
c) “angry and bitter”
3. During an interview this week, presidential candidate ________________________________, when asked if he/she would consider nuclear retaliation after this week’s terror attacks in Brussels, said they would never rule anything out and doesn’t want to say “because, at a minimum, I want them [ISIS] to think maybe that we would use it.” Adding, “The fact is that we need unpredictability. When you ask a question like that…the enemy is watching…. I frankly don’t want the enemy to know how I’m thinking. But with that being said, I don’t rule out anything.”
a) Bernie Sanders
b) Ted Cruz
c) Hillary Clinton
d) Donald Trump
4. The mission of the newly created Marine Corps Cyberspace Warfare Group (MCCWG) is to man, train and equip Marine cyberspace mission teams to perform both defensive and offensive operations in support of U.S. Cyber Command and Marine Forces Cyberspace Command. The ___________________________ are also actively recruiting cyber soldiers and standing up their own cyber units and programs.
a) Navy, Army, Air Force and National Guard
b) Navy, National Guard, Air Force and Coast Guard
c) Navy, Army, Air Force and Coast Guard
d) Navy, Army, Air Force and Merchant Marines
5. U.S. Military communications has become vulnerable to theft because it has been put onto computer networks. Everything from power grids, banking, government operations to defense contractor weapons’ plans have shifted online in the past few decades. That information is all a target for both ___________________ and criminal organizations that are becoming increasingly sophisticated at cybertheft.
a) school-sponsored hackers’ clubs
b) state-sponsored hackers
c) both a) and b)
d) neither a) nor b)
6. During a townhall meeting with Marines in November, Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller said that _______________ had stolen military secrets from the United States. He said specifically, “While we’ve been fighting, our adversaries, many of them in this part of the world — pick one: China, North Korea, Iran, Russia — what have they been doing? Making money, buying new gear, stealing all of our secrets.” He also said, “Ever look at all the _________________ equipment? What’s it look like? It looks like our stuff. How is that? They stole our stuff, fair and square.”
d) North Korea/North Korean
7. A superdelegate is a delegate to the Democratic National Convention who is seated automatically and chooses for whom they want to vote, even if the voters in their state chose a different candidate. Superdelegates include distinguished party leaders, and elected officials, including all Democratic members of the House and Senate and sitting Democratic governors. At the 2016 Democratic National Convention the superdelegates will make up approximately ______________ of the total number of delegates.
8. When asked by a NY Daily News reporter this week, the Democratic superdelegates from New York said they will support Hillary Clinton:
a) only if she wins the primary
b) if neither Sanders nor Clinton wins the NY primary
c) even if opponent Bernie Sanders wins the NY primary
d) none of the above
9. The Pentagon announced recently that they had launched a cyberoffensive against __________________. This was the first major integration of U.S. Cyber Command into a major battlefield operation since the command was established in 2009.
a) ISIS in Syria
b) Russia in Syria
10. The disclosure of a government-sanctioned cyberattack represents a shift in America’s war-fighting strategy and power projection. __________________ publicly acknowledged launching cyberwar.
a) We are the only country that hasn’t, until now
b) All of our allies have
c) Until now, only Russia and China have
d) No other nation has