DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. _______________ A Pennsylvania school district recently distributed 16 inch bats to teachers in every district classroom as a way to fight back in the event an attacker was able to breach other security measures. The Superintendent said they are primarily “symbolic.”
2. _______________ In addition, the Pennsylvania district has also installed a concrete barrier around the high school walkway, added other unspecified security measures at each entrance and conducted a survey asking the community about arming select staff members with guns, if it becomes legal in Pennsylvania. The district wanted to see if the public supports the idea; 70 percent were in favor of it.
3. _______________ The Israeli Defense Force announced this week that troops had helped dig a Hamas terrorist tunnel originating from Gaza that penetrated tens of meters inside Israeli territory.
4. _______________ The IDF said that on-going Palestinian protests at the border are meant to distract from the tunneling project. An IDF spokesman said, “The violent demonstrations are a cover for (Hamas) terrorist attempts both above and below ground.”
5. _______________ President Trump confirmed this week that Vice President Mike Pence secretly met with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un and formed “a good relationship” heading into the two leaders’ anticipated summit where they will discuss the denuclearization of North Korea.
6. _______________ The U.S. and North Korea have not had formal diplomatic ties during more than sixteen years of hostility since the Korean War. A meeting between the two leaders would be historic.
7. _______________ Recent studies show that a healthy diet may not only prevent depression, but could effectively treat it once it’s started.
8. _______________ Researchers looked at whether improving the diets of people with major depression would help improve their mood. After 12 weeks, the people who improved their diets showed significantly worse moods than those who received social support.
9. _______________ Police officers in West Virginia and Ohio needed medical treatment after they were exposed to fentanyl during roadside drug busts over the past month.
10. ______________ The Ohio Department of Health asked medical professionals and first responders to start using Narcan for any situation where a person has overdosed on drugs in case fentanyl is involved.