DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Facial recognition technology is a way to automatically identify or verify a person’s identity from a digital image or a video frame from a video source.
2. __________________ Retailers use facial recognition technology to tailor advertisements to shoppers’ specific shopping needs. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is concerned that soon technology will become so advanced that social media profiles will be scanned by retailers for information.
3. __________________ Canadian energy company TransCanada announced this week that it will build the part of the Keystone XL pipeline that will carry oil from Canada to refineries in Texas.
4. __________________ President Obama and many business and labor leaders support the TransCanada pipeline project from Canada because it will create many jobs.
5. __________________ Yemen’s President Ali Abdullah Saleh stepped down Monday after ruling for 83 years and formally handed power to newly elected president Abdrabuh Mansur Hadi.
6. __________________ Yemeni President Hadi was the sole candidate for president, and won the election with more than 99% of the vote.
7. __________________ In exchange for 240,000 tons of food aid from the U.S., it was announced this week that North Korea has agreed to hold free and fair elections by the end of the year.
8. __________________ In a joint statement agreed to with Pyongyang, the Obama administration formally stated that the U.S. “is really sorry for anything we’ve done to make North Korea dislike us.”
9. __________________ In a meeting with President Obama at the White House next week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hopes to persuade President Obama to deliver an explicit military threat to Iran in a joint statement with him.
10. __________________ In an effort to halt Iran’s nuclear program, the U.S. and European Union have agreed to impose tough sanctions this summer on Iran’s central bank and its key oil sector.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.