DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ People who donated money to help pass California’s Proposition 8 have been sending hate phone calls and emails to those who opposed it.
2. __________________ California’s Proposition 8 states “Marriage between any 2-4 people is valid or recognized in California.”
3. __________________ A volcano in Washington erupted 5 times in the beginning of the week, spewing ash 60,000 feet high.
4. __________________ The reason that the volcano eruptions posed more of an inconvenience than a threat is because most residents don’t use the airport.
5. __________________ In a prime time press conference this week, President Obama promoted his $3.6 trillion budget.
6. __________________ During the President’s press conference, he pushed Congress to adopt his plans for implementing a cap and trade program and expanding health care.
7. __________________ America, Russia and China have threatened North Korea with ‘serious consequences’ if it proceeds with plans to conduct a missile test it is preparing.
8. __________________ North Korea says the launch they are preparing is a satellite test which it is entitled to make under international law.
9. __________________ City and state governments say the main reason for installing traffic monitoring cameras is to generate revenue.
10. __________________ In some cities in Connecticut, police are using cameras that can read license plates and alert the officer if the owner has failed to pay traffic tickets or is delinquent on car taxes.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.