1. Amazon has dropped a PBS documentary “In his own words” about Justice _______________ from its streaming service with no explanation and despite the movie having a 4.9 star rating from customer reviews.
a) John Roberts
b) Brett Kavanaugh
c) Samuel Alito
d) Clarence Thomas
2. Amazon dropped the documentary on this long-serving Justice during _______________ after he issued a dissenting opinion regarding the Court’s decision not to take up a case that challenged Pennsylvania’s election results.
a) President Biden’s inauguration
b) the presidential election
c) Black History Month
d) none of the above
3. Activists laid flowers near the Iranian Embassy in Paris this week to show support for:
a) Iranian women who have been arrested for drinking in public
b) Iranian women who have been arrested for dancing in the street with foreign men
c) Iranian women who have been imprisoned for not wearing headscarves on an all female train car
d) International Mullah’s Day
4. The 3 Iranian women were given between 16 and 23 years in prison for their actions. All three women were falsely convicted of:
a) “encouraging and providing for [moral] corruption and prostitution”
b) spreading anti-state propaganda
c) national security violations
d) all of the above
5. _______________ made the traveling press corps leave when they began to call out questions to President Biden during a visit to a D.C. hardware store this week that the president had helped with PPP extension – yelling assertively at the reporters, “Come on, press, you gotta go.”
a) President Biden
b) the hardware store owner
c) aides to President Biden
d) Chinese Communist Party members
6. President Biden has gone longer than his 15 most recent predecessors — going back _______________ — without taking questions from the press in an official solo press conference.
a) 10 years
b) 50 years
c) 100 years
d) 1,000 years
7. President Biden addressed the nation Thursday night from The White House to discuss _______________.
a) the immigration crisis at the border
b) his tireless efforts to establish bipartisanship in Congress
d) conservatives’ concerns over the massive amount of pork in the $3 trillion Covid relief bill
8. In previewing Thursday night’s speech, President Biden said he would “talk about what we’ve been through as a nation this past year, but more importantly, _______________.
a) “I’m going to talk about what comes next”
b) “I’m going to talk about why schools should reopen”
c) “I’m going to talk about why you shouldn’t wear two masks”
d) “I’m going to talk about my dogs Champ and Major”
9. Michigan State Men’s Basketball team announced this week that it is changing its name from the Michigan Spartans to “MSU Spartans _______________ Rocket Mortgage.”
a) Owned by
b) Presented by
c) Deal of a Lifetime with
d) all of the above
10. Michigan’s long-time Men’s Basketball coach Tom Izzo reacted to the name change with:
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.