DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ A main reason libraries around the country are replacing traditional, full-service libraries with other approaches is because of budget cuts.
2. __________________ Two alternatives to full service libraries that are being implemented around the country include Library Express, metal lockers used to hold library patrons’ orders, and glass-front vending machines that dispense DVDs and popular books.
3. __________________ The energy drink industry is unprofitable.
4. __________________ Researchers from the University of Miami Department of Pediatrics conducted a study on energy drinks and found that consumption of large amounts by senior citizens have led to medical treatment for liver damage, kidney failure, breathing and heart problems, and seizures.
5. __________________ President Obama announced this week that he was lifting the ban he imposed two years ago on military trials for detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison (“Gitmo”)
6. __________________ When he was campaigning for president, Barack Obama vowed to close Gitmo by the end of 2009 (his first year in office).
7. __________________ The University of the South is reducing its tuition by .01% in an acknowledgment of “new economic realities.” The University’s president said that higher education is “on the verge of pricing itself beyond the reach of more and more families.”
8. __________________ As a result of Sewanee’s tuition reduction, donors have vowed to end their support for the college.
9. __________________ A 9-11 timeline recently launched by the National September 11 Memorial & Museum incorporates audio recordings from phone calls on that day, oral histories from survivors and eyewitnesses and graphic photographs and video snippets arranged in chronological order.
10.__________________ The organizers’ goal for the 9/11 timeline is to help people understand the events of that day.