DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ St. Louis city officials organized the first parade welcoming our military men and women home from Iraq, which was held on Saturday.
2. __________________ Approximately 1,000 people attended the St. Louis parade welcoming our military men and women home from Iraq.
3. __________________ The Peacemaker is an out-of-service armored truck containing state of the art surveillance equipment used by the police to conduct surveillance on a specific residence or business.
4. __________________ In addition to Fort Lauderdale, the Peacemaker is used by police departments in every major city across the country.
5. __________________ A study published recently reported that within a few months of the Deepwater Horizon disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, most of the gas and oil that spilled into the ocean was consumed by bacteria.
6. __________________ After the Deepwater spill occurred, many scientists had predicted that, combined with the ocean currents and topography, oil/gas eating bacteria would consume the vast amount fuel spilled.
7. __________________ The Obama administration has blocked a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, which would run from Canada to Texas, saying passionate environmentalists pressured them to do so.
8. __________________ There are no other fuel pipelines running through the United States at this time.
9. __________________ A college student recently unplugged from social media, email, texts, and his cell phone in a 9 hour experiment.
10. __________________ The student conducted the “unplugged” experiment because he felt that people spend more quality time with gadgets and keyboards than they do with the people they really care about.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.