DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ St. Louis city officials organized the first parade welcoming our military men and women home from Iraq, which was held on Saturday.
2. __________________ Approximately 1,000 people attended the St. Louis parade welcoming our military men and women home from Iraq.
3. __________________ The Peacemaker is an out-of-service armored truck containing state of the art surveillance equipment used by the police to conduct surveillance on a specific residence or business.
4. __________________ In addition to Fort Lauderdale, the Peacemaker is used by police departments in every major city across the country.
5. __________________ A study published recently reported that within a few months of the Deepwater Horizon disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, most of the gas and oil that spilled into the ocean was consumed by bacteria.
6. __________________ After the Deepwater spill occurred, many scientists had predicted that, combined with the ocean currents and topography, oil/gas eating bacteria would consume the vast amount fuel spilled.
7. __________________ The Obama administration has blocked a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline, which would run from Canada to Texas, saying passionate environmentalists pressured them to do so.
8. __________________ There are no other fuel pipelines running through the United States at this time.
9. __________________ A college student recently unplugged from social media, email, texts, and his cell phone in a 9 hour experiment.
10. __________________ The student conducted the “unplugged” experiment because he felt that people spend more quality time with gadgets and keyboards than they do with the people they really care about.