DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. __________________ It was reported this week that the Trump tax overhaul is beginning to deliver a change for many Americans – smaller paychecks. Workers are starting to see more take-home pay as employers implement the new withholding guidelines from the IRS. Employers have until Feb. 15 to make the changes.
2. __________________ U.S. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin has estimated that the new withholding rules will mean more take-home pay for about 9 percent of American workers.
3. __________________ Police in Iran have commended 29 women who were waving their headscarves to protest the Islamic government’s law which forces women to wear them at all times in public.
4. __________________ Iran’s Islamic law, imposed after the 1979 Islamic revolution, requires women to cover their hair and wear long, loose-fitting clothes in public.
5. __________________ Rocket firm Tesla carried out a successful first-ever launch of its massive new rocket, Falcon Heavy, from Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Tuesday. The successful launch makes the company the owner of the world’s most powerful operational rocket.
6. __________________ In a never-before-seen feat, the company also managed to guide at least two of the Falcon Heavy’s first-stage rocket boosters to land upright back on Earth. They cut back through the Earth’s atmosphere and landed in unison at a Kennedy Space Center landing pad.
7. __________________ Saudi citizen Abdulaziz Alfallaj, who attended flight school and obtained a pilot’s license in Oklahoma in 2016, was charged with visa fraud for allegedly having lied about attending an al Qaeda training camp in Afghanistan in 2000.
8. __________________ Abdulaziz Alfallaj first entered the U.S. in late 2011 on a nonimmigrant visa based on his wife’s status as a foreign student.
9. __________________ The U.S launched an airstrike this week that killed about 100 Syrian troops after an unprovoked attack against a military base used by American-led coalition forces battling the Islamic State in eastern Syria, the U.S. military said.
10. __________________ Turkey, Russia and Iran are aligned with Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad against the Syrian Democratic Forces, a Kurdish-led group opposed to Syrian President Bashar Assad.