1. The CNN/Des Moines Register poll ranks Iowa’s Democratic presidential candidates just prior to the caucuses. For the first time in __________ years, the release of the poll results set for Saturday night was suddenly canceled.
2. The CNN/Des Moines Register poll results announcement was cancelled at the last minute after a glitch affecting one pollster’s computer monitor was discovered by the campaign of candidate:
a) Pete Buttigieg
b) Elizabeth Warren
c) Joe Biden
d) Bernie Sanders
3. The State of the Union is an annual address presented by the President to Congress. The address reports on the condition of the nation but also allows the president to outline his legislative agenda and his national priorities. Prior to President Trump’s State of the Union this week, a senior administration official told reporters the president’s tone would be:
4. The senior administration official also told reporters that the central focal points of the speech would be _______________, as well as the Trump administration’s policies with respect to health care, immigration and national security.
a) U.S. economic gains
b) climate change
c) free college for all
d) implementing strict gun control measures
5. Following the debacle in the Democratic Iowa Caucuses caused by a new app Iowa used to send results to party headquarters, the Nevada Democratic Party announced it will:
a) not use the app in its Feb. 22 primary
b) use the app and hope for the best
c) ask President Trump to fix the app to Make Democrat Primaries Great Again
d) none of the above
6. The New York Times reported that the app used by the Iowa Democratic Party was “quickly put together in just the past two months” and not subjected to the kind of scrutiny one might traditionally reserve for software used in such an important statewide contest. The app is said to be a replacement for a system wherein caucus participants called in their election. The Nevada Democrats paid the app developer, _______________, $58,000; the Iowa Democrats paid the app developer over $63,000.
a) Amazon App
c) Jiffy App
d) Shadow Inc.
7. At the conclusion of President Trump’s State of the Union Address on Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tore up her copy of the speech, page by page. _______________ called Speaker Pelosi’s action “probably the most disrespectful thing I have ever seen in my life.”
a) one of President Trump’s guests at the speech
b) freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
c) Republican Senator Mitt Romney
d) CNN anchor Don Lemon
8. During the weekly Democratic Caucus meeting following the SOTU, how did House Democrats react when Speaker Pelosi addressed her her decision to rip up the president’s speech?
a) they gave her a standing ovation
b) they clapped politely
c) most sat silently and didn’t look at her
d) carried her around the room on their shoulders shouting “Three cheers for Nancy”
9. New York’s recently passed Green Light Law allows illegal aliens in New York to:
b) obtain a driver’s license
c) travel oversees
d) run for office
10. In response to New York’s Green Light law, Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf announced the suspension of renewals and enrollments for Global Entry and other Trusted Travel Programs for New York residents due to:
a) CBP’s inability to confirm whether an individual applying for TTP membership meets program eligibility requirements
b) the lack of security cooperation from the New York DMV
c) both a) and b)
d) neither a) nor b)
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.