DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ An Arizona man is being sued by 16 Mexican nationals who accuse him of conspiring to violate their right to free speech when he stopped them at gunpoint on his ranch on the U.S.-Mexico border.
2. __________________ The Mexican nationals are suing Roger Barnett of Arizona for $32 million.
3. __________________ Christian extremists in India say they will attack couples who celebrate Valentine’s Day.
4. __________________ The extremists oppose the celebration of Valentine’s Day because they say it is not part of Indian culture.
5. __________________ The political parties of Tzipi Livni and Avigdor Lieberman won the two top number of seats in the Israeli Knesset in this week’s election.
6. __________________ The candidate whose party wins the largest number of seats in the Knesset always becomes Prime Minister of Israel.
7. __________________ The Democrat-controlled House and Senate came to a compromise this week on the $789 gazillion economic stimulus bill.
8. __________________ The Republican members of Congress completed the compromise on the economic stimulus bill in private, causing the Democrats to say they had been shut out of the debate.
9. __________________ This week marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of George Washington.
10. __________________ Abraham Lincoln wrote his Gettysburg Address speech during the Civil War.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.