DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The U.S. Supreme Court ruled this week in favor of a federal air marshal who was fired for being a whistleblower.
2. __________________ The air marshal leaked the information because he believed the planned cuts on overnight trips for undercover air marshals endangered the public.
3. __________________ The “State of the Governor” address is a speech customarily given once each year by the governors of most states.
4. __________________ The governor’s speech is given to satisfy a constitutional stipulation that a governor must report annually on the state or condition of a U.S. state.
5. __________________ This week marked the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz where almost 1 million Jewish men, women and children were killed by the Nazis.
6. __________________ The leaders from the “Big Three” Allies of WWII did not attend the memorial at Auschwitz. They were: U.S. President Barack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
7. __________________ President Obama cut short his trip to India this week to travel to Saudi Arabia to pay respects to the family of King Abdullah, who died last week. First lady Michelle Obama caused some controversy in Saudi Arabia by choosing to wear a burqa during the visit.
8. __________________ All of the following officials joined President Obama on his visit to Saudi Arabia: Secretary of State John Kerry, CIA director John Brennan, four former national security advisors, current national security advisor Susan Rice, several members of Congress including Sen. John McCain, Rep. Nancy Pelosi.
9. __________________ The Wall Street Journal reported this week on a secret nationwide license-plate tracking program run by the EPA.
10. __________________ The primary goal of the DEA’s license-plate tracking program is to monitor the location of every American at all times.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.