DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ After meeting international standards on drug safety from the World Health Organization, Chinese vaccine makers will soon be able to submit their vaccines for approval to be sold around the world.
2. __________________ Food, drug and other scandals in China have caused many around the world to question the safety of Chinese-made drugs.
3. __________________ UPS announced this week that in an effort to avert bankruptcy, it will close over half of its mail processing centers around the country.
4. __________________ The Postal Service changes will speed up the delivery of First-Class letters.
5. __________________ The Muslim Brotherhood’s “Freedom and Justice Party” won the largest percentage of votes in Egypt’s recent elections.
6. __________________ The Muslim Brotherhood’s goal is for Sharia law to be banned in many countries in the Middle East, including Egypt.
7. __________________ The Missouri Gaming Commission voted this week on whether to scrap a voluntary lifetime blacklist for problem gamblers and replace it with a five-year suspension.
8. __________________ Providing entertainment to residents is believed to be the main reason Missouri and other states have relaxed/reduced regulations on gambling.
9. __________________ The U.S. Labor Department has proposed new rules that would bar farm workers younger than 16 years old from jobs such as operating power equipment, branding and breeding farm animals, and working atop ladders at heights over six feet.
10. __________________ The Labor Department says it has proposed the new rules in an effort to exert more government control and regulation over people’s lives.