DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. ___________________ A poll released this week shows citizens’ concerns about climate change/global warming around the world have increased dramatically.
2. ___________________ If the proposals on climate change are passed in Copenhagen, the U.S. must cut emissions by as much as 40% of 1990 levels over the next ten years.
3. ___________________ The U.S. Bureau of Land Management spent about $5 million this year to feed, corral and manage the U.S.’s wild horse population.
4. ___________________ Interior Secretary Ken Salazar wants to move a large number of mustangs from the West to pastures and corrals in the Midwest and East.
5. ___________________ Democratic Senators Tom Coburn and John McCain’s report “Stimulus Checkup,” covers 100 projects [they say are wasteful] across the U.S. totaling $7 billion.
6. ___________________ Projects receiving stimulus money that the Senators’ report cite as wasteful include: $5 million grant for an “almost empty” mall in Tennessee, $133 million in renovations to a federal building in Oregon, $2.2 million to a “money-losing” golf course in California, and $1.9 billion for a “failed” cleanup effort at a World War II-era nuclear site in Washington state.
7. ___________________ Airlines currently allow travelers to transport firearms as concealed weapons.
8. ___________________ If an omnibus spending bill passes, Amtrak train travelers will soon be permitted to transport firearms unloaded, in their checked luggage.
9. ___________________ Colorado State University voted this week to ban concealed firearms and Nerf guns on campus.
10. ___________________Responding to the new regulation, students staged a mass protest outside the administration’s offices demanding that their right to use Nerfs be reinstated.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.