DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. ___________________ A poll released this week shows citizens’ concerns about climate change/global warming around the world have increased dramatically.
2. ___________________ If the proposals on climate change are passed in Copenhagen, the U.S. must cut emissions by as much as 40% of 1990 levels over the next ten years.
3. ___________________ The U.S. Bureau of Land Management spent about $5 million this year to feed, corral and manage the U.S.’s wild horse population.
4. ___________________ Interior Secretary Ken Salazar wants to move a large number of mustangs from the West to pastures and corrals in the Midwest and East.
5. ___________________ Democratic Senators Tom Coburn and John McCain’s report “Stimulus Checkup,” covers 100 projects [they say are wasteful] across the U.S. totaling $7 billion.
6. ___________________ Projects receiving stimulus money that the Senators’ report cite as wasteful include: $5 million grant for an “almost empty” mall in Tennessee, $133 million in renovations to a federal building in Oregon, $2.2 million to a “money-losing” golf course in California, and $1.9 billion for a “failed” cleanup effort at a World War II-era nuclear site in Washington state.
7. ___________________ Airlines currently allow travelers to transport firearms as concealed weapons.
8. ___________________ If an omnibus spending bill passes, Amtrak train travelers will soon be permitted to transport firearms unloaded, in their checked luggage.
9. ___________________ Colorado State University voted this week to ban concealed firearms and Nerf guns on campus.
10. ___________________Responding to the new regulation, students staged a mass protest outside the administration’s offices demanding that their right to use Nerfs be reinstated.