DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Anything that appears on a ballot other than a candidate running for office is called a ballot measure.
2. __________________ An initiative is placed on the ballot by citizens who are proposing a new law or constitutional amendment for voters to approve.
3. __________________ A referendum is placed on the ballot by citizens who are attempting to get voters to overturn a new law that was passed by the legislature.
4. __________________ This year’s ballot measures are different from many past elections in that there are many more legislative measures than usual.
5. __________________ Major damage caused on the East Coast by Hurricane Sandy includes
widespread flooding and power outages
6. __________________ Connecticut and the beaches of Massachusetts were hit hardest by the storm.
7. __________________ Many residents who were badly affected by the storm were described as angry and enraged.
8. __________________ Most of the vehicles in the path of Hurricane Sandy sustained damage from flooding and trees/branches falling on them.
9. __________________ Many gas stations in New Jersey and the New York City area are unable to sell gas because they have gas but no power or have power but no gas.
10. __________________ More than 8% percent of gas stations in New Jersey were unable to sell gasoline as of Wednesday morning.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.