1. In the last Democratic presidential debate, candidate Bernie Sanders said that he didn’t care about Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email account/server for government business when she was Secretary of State. But in an interview with The Wall Street Journal last week, Sen. Sanders had a different view on this issue. He said all but which one of the following about the federal investigation of Mrs. Clinton’s private email account?
a) let the investigation proceed unimpeded
b) the federal investigation is appropriate
c) questioning whether Secretary Clinton’s email practices compromised classified information are “valid questions”
d) let them investigate all they want – Hillary is innocent
2. Sen. Sanders implies that Mrs. Clinton does not have three qualities needed to be president. Which is the one quality did he not mention?
3. Last Friday, President Obama rejected TransCanada’s application for building the Keystone XL pipeline. Which of the following was not one of the reasons the president gave for rejecting the TransCanada’s application?
a) environmental groups pressured him to do so
b) shipping “dirtier” crude from Canada would not increase US energy security
c) authorizing the construction of Keystone XL would not reduce gasoline prices
d) the pipeline would not make a meaningful long-term contribution to our economy
4. TransCanada and other oil companies say the pipeline would do all but which one?
a) strengthen North American energy security
b) create thousands of construction jobs
c) remove government subsidies for wind and solar farms
d) help relieve a glut of oil
5. Veterans Day is a day to honor ___________________; Memorial Day is a day to remember and honor the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
a) all living veterans
b) only active duty military personnel
c) only military personnel injured in the line of duty
d) only military personnel who saw combat
6. Until 1954, Veterans Day was called ____________________ because it was primarily a day set aside to honor veterans of World War I and signified the day that fighting ceased between the Allied nations and Germany.
a) Memorial Day
b) Armistice Day
d) WWI Remembrance Day
7. After House Republicans blocked a Democrat sponsored immigration bill last year, President Obama announced plans to _____________________ to expand a 2012 program that deferred the deportations of hundreds of thousands of immigrants who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children.
a) work out a compromise with Congress
b) order ICE
c) work with the leaders of Latin American countries
d) use executive action
8. President Obama’s 2012 program that deferred the deportations of hundreds of thousands of immigrants who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children is named DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. President Obama’s new plan to block additional immigrants in the U.S. from deportation is known as DAPA, or:
a) Definite Assistance for People who have been Arrested
b) Deferred Action for Potential Americans
c) Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents
d) Don’t Assume Parents are American
9. A recently released study on calorie requirements on menus confirmed what many others had already found:
a) Calorie labeling on fast-food restaurant menus has resulted in a significant drop in the amount of calories consumers buy
b) Calorie labeling is the only way to get people to make healthier eating choices
c) Calorie labeling has no short-term impacts on how many calories consumers buy
d) Consumers do not like to see calorie information on fast food menus; it only makes them angry and causes them to buy more food
10. The next step New York City health officials are taking to push consumers into better eating habits is to require city restaurants to post warning signs next to menu items that:
a) have more than the recommended daily limit of sodium
b) have more than the recommended daily limit sugar
c) are too expensive
d) are not made from organic products