DIRECTIONS: For the bolded part of each statement, circle the correct answer.
1. Early voting for the 2018 midterms experienced a record-breaking number of voter turnout. In contrast, voter turnout in the 2014 midterms was 37 percent – the lowest for a midterm since World War II / the Iraq War.
2. The president’s party usually loses seats during midterm elections: over the past 21 midterm elections, the sitting President’s party has lost an average 30 / 300 seats in the House, and an average 4 seats in the Senate.
3. To commemorate the end of WWI, President Trump, Russian President Vladimir Putin and more than 60 world leaders will attend ceremonies in Paris / London this November 11.
4. French / Russian officials said that only countries which “sent troops or workers to the European theaters of war” have been invited to the Paris ceremonies.
5. Chinese authorities have begun using a new surveillance tool called voice recognition / gait recognition software which uses people’s body shapes and how they walk to identify them, even when their faces are hidden from cameras.
6. The new biometric software being used by the Communist government in China can identify people from up to 165 / 1,650 feet away, even with their back turned or face covered.
7. The outcome of the 2018 midterm elections is the thirty-third / third time in the past 100 years that the party holding the White House has gained seats in the Senate in a mid-term election while losing seats the House.
8. Republican losses in the House were half the size of the losses during Barack Obama and Bill Clinton’s / Ronald Reagan and George Bush’s first terms in which the presidents’ party lost 63 seats and 54 seats respectively.
9. Bells will ring out on military bases and in communities all over the world on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month to mark 100 years since the end of World War I / World War II.
10. The purpose of this November 11 observation is to mark 100 years since the end of the War to End All Wars and to honor the 4.7 million Americans who served and the more than 1,000 / more than 100,000 who died in the conflict.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.