DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ In his Asia trip this month, President Obama addressed issues including the economy and trade, global warming and political prisoners.
2. __________________ After he personally demanded that Myanmar’s leaders release political prisoners, President Obama received a promise from officials that they will release all political prisoners immediately.
3. __________________ Over 100 bloggers who won a contest blogged about the launch of the space shuttle Atlantis from their front row seats at the launch site this week.
4. __________________ The purpose of Atlantis’ trip was to deliver many oversized pieces of equipment to the International Space Station.
5. __________________ House Democrats announced this week that they will try to force a vote on a bill that would block the civilian trials of terrorists accused of plotting the 9/11 attacks.
6. __________________ The Congressmen who are attempting to block the civilian trials of the 9/11 plotters say the terrorists don’t deserve the same rights as U.S. citizens.
7. __________________ The California Energy Commission ruled this week that all TVs must meet limits on energy consumption beginning in 2011.
8. __________________ Energy standards imposed by California in the past have affected the rest of the country because it is easier for manufacturers to make everything to a common set of standards.
9. __________________ The Iranian government agreed this week to send to Russia most of its partially processed uranium.
10. __________________Iranian dissident Mohsen Makhmalbaf said this week that the Obama administration should not impose any sanctions on Iran.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.