DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ During his trip to India, President Obama said he supports Pakistan’s bid to become a permanent member of the UN Security Council.
2. __________________ President Obama said the purpose of his 10 day trip to Asia was to create jobs for people in the countries he visited.
3. __________________ Thousands of people in Indonesia evacuated their homes this week to escape the erupting Mount Vesuvius.
4. __________________ Indonesia, an archipelago, is prone to earthquakes and volcanoes because it sits along the Pacific “Ring of Fire,” a horseshoe-shaped string of faults that lines the Pacific Ocean.
5. __________________ The number of analysts needed to process the video feeds collected by a single Predator drone aircraft fitted with next-generation sensors will increase from the 19 currently needed to 2,000.
6. __________________ The Air Force wants to solve the problem of a lack of analysts to review video obtained by drones by purchasing computer programs to help it sort through hours of uneventful video footage.
7. __________________ Veterans Day is held every year on the first Thursday after election day.
8. __________________ The purpose of Veterans Day is to honor all those who served in the military.
9. __________________ The U.S. Air Force has proposed a new tactical training zone for Special Ops pilots that includes a huge area of southwest Colorado and northern New Mexico.
10. __________________ The Air Force chose the area for pilot training because the terrain is a realistic substitute for the treacherous mountain ranges pilots will encounter in Afghanistan.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.