DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ U.S. airstrikes in Yemen last week killed Anwar al Awlaki, an American-born militant cleric who called for terrorist attacks against America and Americans.
2. __________________ Al-Awlaki’s parents are native Texans who raised him on a ranch in west Texas, where he was the star quarterback for his high school football team. Al-Awlaki’s killing was approved by President Obama, making him the fist American placed on the CIA ‘kill or capture’ list.
3. __________________ The White House’s justice department has filed a brief asking the Supreme Court to declare the Health Care law’s key provision requiring everyone to buy health insurance unconstitutional.
4. __________________ Democrats are opposed to President Obama’s Affordable Care Act because they say that the government cannot force people to buy healthcare.
5. __________________ The number of deaths related to drug overdoses has doubled in the past decade due to the increase in the use of certain prescription drugs.
6. __________________ The prescription drug abuse problem originally began with doctors trying to alleviate the suffering of their patients and widespread sales campaigns by pharmaceutical manufacturers.
7. __________________ Due to customer dissatisfaction, some supermarket chains are getting rid of their cashiers and going to 100% self-checkout lanes.
8. __________________ Supermarkets first introduced self-checkout lanes as a way of encouraging customers to do more grocery shopping.
9. __________________ Businesses are beginning to use facial recognition technology as a way to control every aspect of their customers lives.
10. _________________ Facial recognition technology is being used by businesses in the U.S. to identify people by their age and/or gender.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.