DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Responding to a crime wave, the mayor of East St. Louis has announced the police will be implementing new curfews and clothing regulations on all senior citizens in East St. Louis starting immediately.
2. __________________ The new East St. Louis curfew requires that minors must be off the streets by 10 p.m. and that minors on the street during school hours will be arrested on sight.
3. __________________ The U.S. Supreme Court began its new term Monday, meeting on the first Monday in October, as required by law.
4. __________________ The justices entered the courtroom for the first time since their controversial decision in late June that upheld the “Obamacare” law. The first controversial case on the court’s calendar this month is a challenge to the University of Texas’ affirmative action program.
5. __________________ The first televised debate took place in 1960 between Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy. The next televised presidential debate did not take place until 16 years later.
6. __________________ Presidential candidate George W. Bush asked the memorable question at the end of a debate “Are you better off than you were four years ago?”
7. __________________ The first 2012 presidential debate took place this week between Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
8. __________________ The 2012 presidential debates are significant in that for the fist time since 1992, a Latino journalist has been chosen as a moderator.
9. __________________ During Wednesday’s first presidential debate, Republican challenger Mitt Romney questioned President Obama’s record on the economy, health care and the deficit.
10. _________________ President Obama defended his record against Mitt Romney’s challenge by accusing Romney of favoring the rich over the middle class.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.