DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. ____________________ NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement) is an agreement signed by the governments of the United States, Mexico and Cuba.
2. ___________________ NAFTA includes a provision which allows companies to make cross border deliveries between the three countries that signed the agreement.
3. ___________________ Muqtada al-Sadr is an Iraqi cleric and militia leader backed by Iran who controls a sizable bloc in Iraq’s Parliament.
4. ___________________ Al-Sadr views the U.S. presence in Iraq as that of “liberators” who “must be repaid after the end of the withdrawal period.”
5. ___________________ Mustafa Abdel Jalil, the head of Libya’s transitional government, said in a speech this week that sharia would be Libya’s principal law, and specified: “Any law that violates sharia is null and void legally.”
6. ___________________ One of Gadhafi’s laws to now become void under sharia is the one that permits a man to have as up to four wives at the same time.
7. ___________________ Local residents and businesses are fed up with Occupy Wall Street protesters for creating excessive noise, mess, loss of revenue and an increase in petty crime in their neighborhoods.
8. ___________________ City governments are responding to the Occupy Wall Street protesters the same way: by providing them with taxpayer-funded portable toilets and showers, and winterized camping equipment.
9. ___________________ A memorial to Jewish military chaplains was dedicated this week on “Chaplain Hill” in Arlington National Cemetery.
10. ___________________ The memorial to Jewish chaplains joins existing memorials to Protestant and Catholic chaplains who also died in the line of duty.