DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Defense Secretary Hillary Clinton said in a speech last week that there has been a sudden escalation of cyber terrorism against critical infrastructure in the U.S.
2. __________________ The Defense Secretary said of the cyber attacks: “We know of specific instances where intruders have successfully gained access to these control systems. We also know they are seeking to create advanced tools to attack these systems and cause panic, destruction, and even the loss of life.” He implied that the Iranian government is behind the attacks.
3. __________________ Many companies are downsizing the amount of product in the package as a way to increase prices on the goods they sell.
4. __________________ Consumers wind up paying more for products when commodities prices increase.
5. __________________ The Obamas have opted for voting early as a way to avoid the long line on election day.
6. __________________ President Obama’s decision to vote early is significant because it is the first time a presidential nominee will not vote in person on Election Day.
7. __________________ The second presidential debate was a town-hall format, in which 11 undecided voters were chosen at random to ask the candidates questions.
8. __________________ Topics covered in the second presidential debate included among others: jobs, taxes and equal pay for women.
9. __________________ Saudi inventor Izhar Gafni spent over 4 years developing his cardboard bicycle for mass production.
10. __________________ Izhar Gafni’s cardboard bicycle is both fireproof and waterproof.