DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The FCC has for the first time authorized the use of commercial drones in the continental USA by allowing six movie companies to fly remote aircraft for films and television shows.
2. __________________ The government chose the movie companies first, according to the agency’s director, because it “is a lot more interesting to work with movie people than farmers or law enforcement.”
3. __________________ The Obama administration this week opposed banning air travel to and from West African countries affected by the Ebola virus because this would “slow down the ability of the United States and other international partners to actually get expertise and capabilities and equipment into the affected areas”
4. __________________ Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal responded to the Obama administration’s assertion that banning flights from West Africa would be counterproductive by saying “That statement defies logic. How exactly would stopping the entry of people potentially carrying the Ebola virus be counterproductive? This seems to be an obvious step to protect public health in the United States.”
5. __________________ The NFL admitted in federal court that it expects nearly one percent of retired players to develop long-term cognitive problems.
6. __________________ This admission was surprising because for years the NFL has disputed evidence that it’s players had a high rate of severe brain damage.
7. __________________ Two Americans and a German scientist won the Nobel Prize in chemistry this week for finding ways to make optical microscopes more powerful than previously thought possible.
8. __________________ The breakthrough made by the 3 Nobel laureates allows scientists to see how diseases develop inside the tiniest cells.
9. __________________ Columbus Day is a national holiday in the United States, proclaimed so in 1937 by President John F. Kennedy.
10. __________________ In his Book of Prophesies, Christopher Columbus credits God for enabling him to make his historic trip.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.