DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ In an analysis of the recently passed defense spending bill, it is reported that Senators diverted over $2 million in funds for earmarks to benefit their home states.
2. __________________ Earmarks to the defense spending bill made by senators include funds for a WWII museum, an educational institute named after Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and the Maui Space Surveillance System.
3. __________________ Rio de Janeiro in Venezuela will host the 2016 Olympic Games.
4. __________________ Recent violence in Rio has raised the question of whether officals will be able to keep athletes and spectators safe during the 2016 Olympic Games.
5. __________________ According to a recently concluded study, regular use of video games may help improve brain activity in the areas of memory and decision-making in older people.
6. __________________ Further studies with seniors are necessary to obtain more conclusive evidence because the trial was small – just 24 people were tested.
7. __________________ U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan are increasing operations against the Taliban to counter an anticipated increase in attacks before a presidential runoff election next month.
8. __________________ Military drones gathering information on known extremists in Kandahar can also home in and kill attackers with guided missiles.
9. __________________ The new bladeless fan introduced in Great Britain this month is easier to clean and less expensive than a regular fan.
10. __________________ The company selling the bladeless fan has also produced bagless vacuum cleaners and remote controlled cars.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.