DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Chemical Ali was executed this week for genocide including his order to use using poison gas on civilians.
2. __________________ The method of execution the Iraq government used to carry out Ali’s death sentence was lethal injection.
3. __________________ A French parliamentary panel has made the recommendation to make wearing a burqa for Muslim women illegal.
4. __________________ Women who refuse to obey the law regarding Muslim dress will be subject to public flogging.
5. __________________ The leaders of the 9/11 commission told a Senate panel this week the Obama administration mishandled the interrogation of the failed Christmas Day airline bomber.
6. __________________ Sen. Susan Collins and Sen. Joe Lieberman also criticized the Obama administration, saying in a letter “the decision to treat Abdulmutallab as a criminal rather than an unprivileged enemy belligerent” prevented the intelligence community from obtaining crucial information that could prevent future attacks.
7. __________________ President Obama’s State of the Union Address focused mainly on his plan for dealing with terrorists.
8. __________________ In his address, the President said he wold work with Congress this year to repeal the ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in the military.
9. __________________ Democratic leaders said they put a hold on trying to pass health care reform legislation because they know the majority of Americans oppose their plan.
10. __________________ Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid said they will get health care legislation passed this year.