DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Chemical Ali was executed this week for genocide including his order to use using poison gas on civilians.
2. __________________ The method of execution the Iraq government used to carry out Ali’s death sentence was lethal injection.
3. __________________ A French parliamentary panel has made the recommendation to make wearing a burqa for Muslim women illegal.
4. __________________ Women who refuse to obey the law regarding Muslim dress will be subject to public flogging.
5. __________________ The leaders of the 9/11 commission told a Senate panel this week the Obama administration mishandled the interrogation of the failed Christmas Day airline bomber.
6. __________________ Sen. Susan Collins and Sen. Joe Lieberman also criticized the Obama administration, saying in a letter “the decision to treat Abdulmutallab as a criminal rather than an unprivileged enemy belligerent” prevented the intelligence community from obtaining crucial information that could prevent future attacks.
7. __________________ President Obama’s State of the Union Address focused mainly on his plan for dealing with terrorists.
8. __________________ In his address, the President said he wold work with Congress this year to repeal the ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in the military.
9. __________________ Democratic leaders said they put a hold on trying to pass health care reform legislation because they know the majority of Americans oppose their plan.
10. __________________ Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid said they will get health care legislation passed this year.
“Answers by email” are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.