DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false.
Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I have a dream” speech on August 28, 1963 at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in Washington D.C.
2. __________________ In addition to his many accomplishments, Dr. King, the leader of the Civil Rights Movement, won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.
3. __________________ Following big tech’s censorship of President Joe Biden (Twitter permanently banned him and Facebook and Instagram indefinitely censored him) Mexico’s left-leaning president Andrés Manuel López Obrador vowed to lead an international effort to combat what he considers censorship by social media companies.
4. __________________ Mexico’s Foreign Relations Secretary Marcelo Ebrard said Mexico is starting to build an international campaign around the issue. He said, “…We immediately made contact with others who think the same” and noted that the administration had heard from officials in the European Union, Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, China and Russia.
5. __________________ Joe Biden’s inauguration Wednesday was mostly virtual. The theme was “America United.” A “Field of Flags” (almost 200,000) were installed on the National Mall in place of the usual crowds of real Americans.
6. __________________ A small number of invited guests were present, including Vice President Mike Pence (who skipped Trump’s sendoff in favor of Biden) and his wife, the Bushes, Clintons and Obamas, and various members of Congress. There were no spectators because Democrats worried the crowd would have been embarrassingly sparse.
7. __________________ Billionaire businessman Joe Ricketts announced he is launching an online national news outlet to do what other outlets aren’t doing — “provide news without a political slant; deliver news without bias or political spin.”
8. __________________ Ricketts has named his news organization Straight Arrow News, explaining “The name speaks to the company’s mission of being a trustworthy source of news and information…”
9. __________________ President Joe Biden wore two masks while at the Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday night following his inauguration that morning.
10. __________________ Prior to his appearance at the Lincoln Memorial, President Biden had signed an executive order that specifically states “individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks.”
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.