DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. The “State of the State” address is a speech given annually by the president of the United States.
2. The State of the State is given to satisfy a constitutional stipulation that the chief executive must report annually, or in older constitutions described as being “from time to time,” on the state or condition of the United States.
3. Hong Kong’s President Tsai Ing-wen broke election records when she won re-election on Saturday with over 57% of the vote, due to her support for her country being independent of China. Voters do not want China to take away their freedom and democracy.
4. Following her historic re-election, Tsai Ing-wen’s message to the communist government of China was, “[Our] democratic Hong Kong, with a government chosen by the people, will not give in to threats and intimidation [by the Communist Chinese government].”
5. Twenty-one Saudi servicemen were kicked out of the U.S. this week, following a terrorist attack by one of their countrymen at a U.S. navy base in Florida last month.
6. Attorney General William Barr said the Saudi servicemen kicked out of the country were found to have had jihadist material and child porn in their possession.
7. Chinese company Huawei is the world’s largest maker of mobile networking equipment. The U.S. has asked Russia to not use Huawei equipment when it upgrades its telecoms network to 5G.
8. It is believed that the Communist government of China influences/controls Huawei. The U.S. warned that we will end intelligence-sharing with our ally if the government uses Huawei equipment.
9. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech at the Statue of Liberty in 1963.
10. In addition to his many accomplishments, Dr. King was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom and won a Nobel Peace Prize.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.