DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ health exchange data hub will process uninsured Americans’ applications for health insurance under Obamacare. The hub will contain applicants’ names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, health conditions, and several other pieces of personal information.
2. __________________ Concerns have been raised by President Obama about the ability of the government’s health data system to protect personal health records and other private information.
3. __________________ The EPA’s ruling on the construction of new coal-fired power plants is expected to make it easier for electric companies to use coal to generate electricity.
4. __________________ CCS, known as carbon capture and storage, is technology used to capture a coal plant’s carbon emissions. It will be difficult for new coal plants to comply with the Obama Administration’s CCS regulation because this technology isn’t yet available for coal companies to purchase.
5. __________________ Sen. John McCain has proposed a constitutional amendment that would end government subsidies for federal employees’ health insurance. It would mean all federal workers, including Congress, would have to purchase health insurance on the new Obamacare exchanges instead of getting taxpayer-funded subsidies.
6. __________________ The Senator proposed the constitutional amendment because he does not think taxpayers should have to subsidize the personal health-care plans of any federal employee, including Chief Justice John Roberts, who voted to uphold the constitutionality of Obamacare when it went before the Supreme Court last year.
7. __________________ The average cost per month for Americans who sign up for a mid-tier health insurance plan under the Obamacare health exchanges will be approximately $328.
8. __________________ The Obama administration wants 7 million Americans to sign up for state exchanges during the first year this new law is implemented. This includes 2.7 million younger, healthier customers needed to sign-up for Obamacare to offset the costs of sicker members.
9. __________________ A high school track coach in Utah suspended his entire team last week because of team members’ behavior including cyberbullying and skipping classes.
10. __________________ The Utah highs school athletes were given the opportunity to earn a spot back on the team by completing activities including community service and attending a study hall and a class on character development.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.