DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ A group of former PGA players filed a lawsuit this month against the league over multiple head injuries sustained during their careers.
2. __________________ Many of the players’ lawsuits accuse the league of conspiracy to defraud, fraud and negligence.
3. __________________ When its brand name becomes commonly used, a company faces the problem of losing its trademark.
4. __________________ Band-Aid, Kleenex and Xerox have held onto the trademarks for their commonly used brand names.
5. __________________ Major wireless providers in the U.S. have agreed to a deal with the U.S. government to build a central database of stolen cellphones as a way to monitor users’ cell phone calls and texts.
6. __________________ Cellphone theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the U.S.
7. __________________ 9/11 plotter Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other terrorists will face a military court at GITMO on May 5th. KSM could be sentenced to death if convicted.
8. __________________ Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was not tried four years ago when he pled guilty because President Obama did not want him to be tried by a military court, instead moving his trial to a civilian criminal court in New York City, but was so opposed by Congress and the American people that the trial was finally moved back to military court.
9. __________________ Twelve states currently have helmet laws requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets.
10. __________________ The Michigan state Senate recently voted to repeal the state’s helmet law. This bill will become a law if the governor vetoes it.