print Print Cartoon
1. Tone is the attitude a cartoonist takes toward a subject. Which pair of words best describes the tone of this cartoon?
2. Editorial cartoonists often use symbols to represent a person, group or idea. What does the donkey symbolize in this cartoon?
3. Ask a parent: Do you agree with the cartoonist’s assertion about the Democratic party? Explain your answer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. d) sarcastic/cynical
2. The donkey symbolizes the Democratic party.
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.