redo Jump to...
-Watch the video below the questions.
-Read "Types of Media Bias" in the right column. Then answer the questions.
Watch the video montage showing multiple local news reports of Romney-Ryan sign vandalism.
To accurately identify different types of bias, you should be aware of the issues of the day, and the liberal and conservative perspectives on each issue.Types of Media Bias:
1. The national media has not reported on numerous acts of vandalism of Romney-Ryan signs. What type of bias is this an example of?
2. If numerous Obama-Biden signs had been vandalized, do you think the media would have reported the story/stories? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think the national media displays a double-standard in their reporting on President Obama vs. Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney? Explain your answer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. The national media choosing not to report on increasing vandalism against Romney-Ryan signs is bias by omission.
2. Opinion question. Answers vary.
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.