print Print Cartoon
1. Tone is the attitude a cartoonist takes towards a subject. Which pair of words best describes the tone of this cartoon?
2. An editorial cartoonist often uses humor to make a point. What assertion is Lisa Benson making in this cartoon?
a) the DNC is ignoring Bernie Sanders because he earned very few votes in the Iowa caucuses this week
b) the DNC was never informed that Bernie Sanders is running in the Democratic presidential primary
c) former rival Hillary Clinton said of Sen. Sanders, ““Nobody likes him”
d) although Bernie Sanders is one of the Democratic front-runners, the DNC is acting as if he has no chance of winning the nomination and almost that he does not exist
3. Do you agree with the cartoonist’s assertion? Explain your answer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. b) light-hearted/humorous
2. d) although he is one of the Democratic front-runners, the DNC is acting as if he has no chance of winning the nomination and almost that he does not exist
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.