1. Symbol is defined as: something that stands for or suggests something else; a visible sign of something invisible (the lion is a symbol of courage)
What does the donkey symbolize?
2. What is the main idea of Nate Beeler’s cartoon?
3. The donkey’s comment in this cartoon is a play on what children’s story?
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. The Donkey represents the Democratic party; the donkey is the symbol of the Democratic party.
2. The Democrats in Congress were opposed to President Trump’s tax reform, claiming that it would harm lower income and middle class Americans; instead companies are giving their employees bonuses or pay raises; workers’ 401k and pensions are increasingly significantly…
3. The donkey’s comment in this cartoon is a play on the children’s story “Henny Penny” also known as “Chicken Little” – Henny Penny, more commonly known in the U.S. as Chicken Little, is a folk tale with a moral…about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase “The sky is falling!” features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.